- Oat SILK is an ECOCERT approved natural oat flour designed to offer textural modification to skin care and colour cosmetic formulations.
- Oat SILK is produced removing the outer bran layer of the kernel and fine milling the extract.
- Oat flour, unlike other cereal grains is naturally high in lipids increasing Oat SILK’s efficacy and functionality.
|Avena sativa (Oat)Meal Extract||8557||100%||84012-26-0||281-672-4|
|Oat SILK 12||ECOCERT/COSMOS approved natural Oat Flour which imparts luxuriant and silky feel to emulsions and has an immediate brightening and mattifying effect on skin tone.|
|Oat SILK IRR||A sterile version of Oat SILK 12|
- Oat SILK is a debranned and standardised oat flour manufactured to ensure a controlled and small particle size (50% of particles less than 50 microns, 100% less than 160 microns).
- Oat SILK is rich in polar lipids as well as starch and low in proteins
- Imparts smooth and silky sensory effects to formulations.
- Oat SILK will remove greasiness and add structure in addition to providing a silky tactile feel.
Oat SILK is a versatile ingredient which is adaptable and easy to use for formulators:
Creams and Lotions
|Controlled particle size||Consistent formulation|
|Fine particle size (50% of particles less than 50 microns, 100% less than 160 microns)||Aesthetically pleasing product|
|High polar lipid content||Easy to formulate|
|Forms stable emulsions||Versatility of products|
|Transforms sensory attributes of basic emulsions||Imparts silky feel in lotions and creams|
|Excellent textural characteristics||Creates smooth creams at low inclusion rates|
|Absorbent properties||Reduces ‘greasiness’ of emulsions|
|Controlled particle size||Consistent and smooth pressed powders|
|Small particle size (50% of particles less than 50 microns, 100% less than 160 microns)||Highly compactable|
|High polar lipid content||Improves cake integrity/td>|
|Transforms sensory attributes of basic emulsions||Imparts silky feel in pressed powder cosmetics|
It is a highly versatile ingredient and can by used in a wide a range of products, including powders, lotions and creams. See our formulation database for ideas. We have selected two example formulations below:
|Specification||Oat SILK 12|
|Colour:||Off white to cream|
|Approximately Viscosity (cps):||10 cps|
|Approximate Moisture:||Approx. 9%|
|Approximate Protein:||Approx 12.00%|
|Approximate Fat:||Approx 7.0%|
|Approximate Nitrogen:||Approx 1.5%|
|Particles Size: Over a 160μm Airjet Screen:||0|
|Microbial; cfu per g|
|Total Viable Count Bacteria:||<100 cfu per g|
|Total Viable Count Yeasts and Moulds:||<100 cfu per g|
Oat SILK is available in:
- 25kg 3ply sacks
- 10kg Pails
- 5kg Pails
|Download||Oat SILK 12||Oat SILK IRR|